Have You Considered the Impact of Being a Corporate Donor?
Thousands of kids are waiting...
Your company will help disadvantaged children move out of unsuccessful public schools and into the school that best meets their unique needs.
- Your company will help displaced children who are now, or have been, in Arizona’s foster care program to enroll in the private school best suited to help them.
- Your company will help children with a variety of learning disabilities find the help they need to not only function to their fullest capacity, but to blossom to their highest potential.
- Your company will join with others state-wide that want to be part of the solution – and are doing something about it.
- Your company will give families hope.
- When your company contributes to a recognized non-profit (501(c)(3)) School Tuition Organization, like the Institute for Better Education (IBE), it is given a dollar-for-dollar Arizona state tax credit.
- Your employees will appreciate having their children’s private school aided by your company. Did you know that C-Corporations can recommend a specific private school or multiple private schools? Don’t have a preference? That’s okay! You can donate to our “Most Needed Scholarship Fund” and we will be sure that children with significant financial need are the beneficiaries of your generosity.
- Your company will be listed as a donor who cares on the IBE website and on the plaque in our foyer. Additionally, all recipients and the schools they attend will be made aware that your company is responsible for their scholarships.
- Arizona citizens have spoken! They want the best education for each individual child. When that “Best Education” means tuition – your company can make all the difference. And, remember, it will be recognized by the state through a dollar-for-dollar tax credit. (We work in all communities state wide.)
- Arizona State has demonstrated a commitment to the education of her children through strengthening school choice options. When parents choose... Arizona wins. In fact, When Parents Choose... America Wins!
...please consider participating in this tax credit program today!
Who can donate?
- C Corporations
- S Corporations
- Insurance companies operating in Arizona
How Does a Corporation Participate in this Tax Credit Program?
Corporations and Insurance companies fill out an application required by the Arizona Department of Revenue (ADOR) and send that form to IBE (see enclosure).
IBE will send the form to ADOR by Email. The ADOR will confirm the tax standing of the corporation and verify that there are sufficient funds in the state’s account to cover the requested donation.
ADOR responds to the request for pre-approval within twenty days of receiving the request. The request will be approved if the state cap has not yet been met. In the event a request is received for an amount that is greater than the remaining amount under the cap, ADOR will approve only the amount remaining. For example, if $500,000 is left under the cap and a request is received for $750,000, ADOR shall approve only $500,000.
ADOR will respond to IBE either approving or denying the application. IBE will notify the donor corporation of their standing on the same day ADOR notifies IBE.
The corporation has twenty days following the notification to make their donation to IBE. If they miss that deadline, their application expires.
IBE will notify ADOR by telephone upon receipt of the donation. As stated above, if the corporation fails to make the donation to IBE within twenty days of being notified of the approval, the corporation is no longer approved for the donation and would be required to submit a new pre-approval form.
Want to donate?
Complete the necessary corporate donation application here and return to our office via fax: (520) 203-0184 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.